10/17/2015

Quickie Review: The Girl with All the Gifts

The Girl with All the Gifts The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed The Girl with All the Gifts. There were great characters that were multi-layered, and a very interesting plot that definitely kept my interest throughout the book. Melanie, in particular, is a very unique character and clearly moves the tale along. (Her being the girl with all the gifts... and all...)

I will say that this is not a YA book. Yes, it begins with young children feared to be so dangerous that they are strapped to chairs to keep them completely immobile. The rest of the book, however, definitely deals with heavier philosophical matters. (I'm not saying teenagers couldn't read this book, but an older teenager, I think.)

I thought the storyline wrapped up well, with a surprising answer to the apocalyptic predicament facing human society.

I'd recommend this book to people who liked The Passage; there are definitely similarities, but I would have to say The Passage is a stronger, deeper story (also a trilogy whereas this is a stand-alone, I believe).

It's a good, stand-alone read. I loves me an apocalypty book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment