11/10/2015

Top Ten Tuesday #9: Top Ten Book to Movie Adaptations That Bettter Not Suck

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. This week:


Top Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I'm Looking Forward To or Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I Still Need To Watch

As to which I elegantly changed to: Top 10 Book to Movie Adaptations That Better Not Suck. (Because the wrath of Spinning Jenny is swift indeed...)
 

This Top Ten is split into 3 Categories:

I) Movies I Haven't Seen Yet Because the Book ALWAYS Comes First


The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak (2013). This got pretty good reviews. And it's sitting on my bookshelf. Some day... Some day... 


 






 
Dark Places, by Gillian Flynn (June 18, 2015). What?! This didn't make much of a blip! It sounds good, though, so I'm not sure why it didn't make more of a stir?






The Sandman, by Neil Gaiman (2016? 2017?). I read that this was being made into a movie, but now I can't find where. www.imdb.com says it's "in development" and there's tons of pics of Joseph Gordon-Levitt with Sandman pics, so finger's crossed! Yes, technically haven't read it, but heard it's the bomb-diggity. And apparently I have time!



The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge, by Michael Punke (Dec. 25, 2015). Who doesn't want to see an awesome true Western revenge tale on Christmas Day? And it's Leo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy, so I'm pretty sure it will be amazing.


II) On my "To Watch" List

The Scorch Trials, by James Dashner (Sept. 18, 2015). I love these books, and thought they did a pretty good job with The Maze Runner, even though, you know, everything was different.









Insurgent, by Veronica Roth (March 20, 2015). My husband "doesn't get it," so I'm on my own for this one. Netflix it will be!!










III) Coming Soon to a Theatre Near You!!!

Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley. Odd, I know. There's been one or two adaptations... But this one has Daniel Radcliffe as Igor, and James McAvoy as Frankenstein. Whaaa?! I LURVE them both, and the poster looks wicked. Humina humina!!








A Monster Calls, by Patrick Ness (Oct. 2016) with Liam Neeson. I love this book. I'm nervous about a movie. But Neeson would be a pretty perfect monster, so... fingers crossed!!









Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, by J.K. Rowling. I will spare us all the indignity of me fan-girling about the Harry Potter universe and how excited I am that there will be moooooore....
However, there is a FBaWtFT 2 slated for 2018, and a 3rd for 2020... Not that Hollywood gets ahead of itself!!!! :S







Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline (Dec. 2017). Originally Christopher Nolan was thought to be directing this, but Spielberg is now on board. And he will kill it, as he's the king of '80's pop culture. I realize being excited for a movie 2 years from now is a little desperate, but it COULD make a great movie... My stomach hurts.

Ok! Those are my picks!! Please link me to your TTT so I can see what else to get excited about/ feel trepidation for!!

1 comment:

  1. Still need to watch The Scorch Trials!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/10/top-ten-tuesday-30/

    ReplyDelete